Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wo Men Shi Du Shu Ren....

lol. for non-chinese [not racist] or those who can't figure out what i'm bla-ing, the title means:

We're educated people.

okay lah. i'm braggin. why? because the post today has something to do with education.

Yours truly here and her two besties , namely Miss Steph and Miss Rose visited Taylor's Open Day in the Subang Jaya campus.

Rose and I reached there earlier and we went for some pre-u talk..*yawns* so we found ourselves out of the hall before the talk had ended. We met with Steph and went to the MPH (note Multi purpose hall, not MPH bookstore or *ehem* Mental Problem Hospital) for the exhibition.

Steph said that she saw June, later she confirmed it was her. So i think there will be a small group of Surians Alumni here in Taylors. But =( we'll be studying different courses i guess. but steph and me will be bus mates! =D hmm. dont know what rose is studying. steph said june's opting for business.

Anyway, back to the MPH, we met a counselor and she explained to us all the A to Z's about the course and stuff. I'm leaning more towards the prospect of SAM (or South Australian Matriculation) , Steph said ICPU(Canadian Pre-U) and Rose still not sure yet.

We sure took alot of brochures! And then we went for the career test thingy in The Web (thats the computer lab). Turns out i'm quite an artistic person. Why didn't i know that huh? o.O

The Results of the Test:

Realistic - 0 (that was quite a shock. im actually a very realistic person. but in this case, realistic means a practical person eg. engineer, architect, something to do with operating a machine and stuff. and i'm definitely NOT practical.)

Enterprising- 11
This has something to do with business, finance, event management. Something about good leadership skills, management skills and persuading power.

Artistic- 19 (!!!)
All about creativity. Doesn't like to abide by the rules. Free-flowing. Careers include in the media, acting, TV, advertising, public relations...

Conventional- 8
People who like to do everything in orderly fashion, follow a set of guidelines and do not like to change.
Careers include accountant, banking, office jobs...

Social-8
people who like to meet new people, and explore the outside world. hates boring and same-old jobs daily. Careers include mass comm, PR, psychologist, counselor.

Investigative- 8 (thats triple 8!)
Someone who likes to enquire alot, nosey, always looking for solutions to questions, critical thinking.
Careers include doctor, engineer, scientist, pharmacist....

After that, the student helper suggested that I consult the career adviser to "know more" about what are the jobs that suit me.

Sighs. not much help, though. but she gave some useful advice. I still dont know what undergraduate program to pursue. On the bright side, I have 11 months to think bout it! =)

The career adviser asked me whether I would like to give up my sciences (Chem, Bio) and I'm really not sure. People always tell me "be accountant la...high pay somemore in demand everywhere" but I'm worried that I would not like life in an office. I mean,seriously, my whole life. Maybe i could give accounts another shot.
Then there's the artistic side of me. Should i ignore it?

Okay. I would blog about this 11 months from now on. xP

after the career thingy, went off to Sunway, just for a brief tour and Q & A session. i'm not a fan of their classrooms. =X

P.S: i went missing in action for two days because i slept over at my cousin's house. gosh im exhausted. =S
P.P.S: next week will be a busy one too.


No comments: