Saturday, October 20, 2007

Heart-stopping match

Phew. That was heart-stopping indeed. I had just witnessed the annual derby between Liverpool and their Merseyside nemesis Everton. and Yay! 2-1 to liverpool. Thanks to well, everton and kuyt. and gerrard. and lucas leiva. and the referee. LOL

i was out eating and i actually came back late half an hour for the match. imagine my horror when i switched on the telly and saw the Unbelievable 1 on everton's scoreboard. my heart dropped to my stomach.ohmygosh. who let the damn goal in? sami hyppia did.own goal, in fact. Well i didn't blame him, but if Liverpool lost this game, he will be blamed for at least 1 month.

then it was half-time. i had to endure 15 minutes of restlessness. come on. get the second half started. please dont ruin my sat nite again. Liverpool began decently in the 2nd half but most of the good chances just flashed wide. I wanted to swear at those players who missed those glorious chances, namely riise, sissoko, voronin,etc.

Luckily for Captain Stevie. He began one of those trademark surging runs after the flick by voronin. And tony hibbert was behind him. shirt-tugging began. oops. stevie g flat on the ground. referee points to the spot.takes out red card and hibbert walks of dejectedly. Yay!
Penalty given! Kuyt steps up to convert the penalty. Then he celebrates with a "come-on" gesture!

everton down to 10 men and liverpool step up play. And then glorious chances wasted again. I just refrained myself from swearing. in my opinion, if liverpool are clinical in front of goal just like man u was last season(LAST SEASON ONLY) then they are definitely champs. but no. I think liverpool really missed torres who is really really good finisher.

the clock ticking closer to full-time and i started pacing the living room. come on! dont spoil my weekend with a stupid draw. Yikes! That was so close. Everton were just as dangerous.

90th minute. I groaned.Then there was a goalmouth scramble. Lucas Leiva, the new Brazillian wonderkid kicked the ball which was destined for goal. I knew it had to go in. If that goes in, he will be a hero. But no, somebody has to stop it. Look, phil neville thinks he is the goalkeeper. he foolishly puts his hand to block the ball. Red card. Penalty. Sorry, everton .My heart stopped and I prayed that Kuyt will score this penalty. It is so vital. Yes! In!! Haha take that Everton.!

Im just so happy i virtually announced the scoreline to Mum. She is not a fanatic Red like me but she also feels happy when liverpool win. we both break into grins. Hee!

Stevie G who was substituted earlier on, ran onto the pitch and hugged Carra so tight. All the players were really happy. Even rafa came on to the pitch to celebrate. but wait. everton's manager is having a rage. my, he looks like a bull. i saw him mouth the F word. Gosh, what a rage.

that was really a memorable win. just hope arsenal drop points against bolton. ha! that would really make my weekend!

you just heard from a fanatic red..what to do? i'm just so obsessed with liverpool. YNWA

No comments: