Thursday, April 2, 2009

life is a blur.

life is a blur when you're working. when college isn't around the corner(one more month to go). when u haven't met up with ur friends for a long time . when the only tool of communication is SMS, Msn and Facebook. when they are no special events to attend.

I don't find working life satisfying. In fact, I wonder why some people rush to enter their working life?Working is about doing the same old boring stuff everyday. (well ,my current job la) High school is the best. We live like ourselves, we play like ourselves, and we are ourselves. After high school, people change,relationships change,backgrounds change, scenarios change. The whole world that revolves around u in high school changes.

Enter college, assignments, projects and whatever crap eats up your time. Less communication.
Less play and more work . Makes us a dull human being.

Well, i'm being metaphoric here.

I was recently introduced to one concept by my supervisor, Jason. He said that it is estimated that a person can make up to 250 acquaintances throughout his/her lifetime,be it distant or close relationships. Thus if we (the service staff) offend one customer, we will indirectly offend 250 potential or existing customers. I found it very true.

Throughout your whole life, u might even know more than 250 people. just look at your friends list in facebook or whatever social networking website. However, when u reach the age of 60, how many of them can u really keep close to u? maybe only family members and VERY CLOSE friends. how bout those estranged family members?and what bout those high school classmates, college buddies, uni friends? so in the end, u've made more than 250 acquaintances, but only a few have remained by your side throughout the years. So, treasure the people around u and keep them close to u. U might not be able to make 250 remember you, but if u can preserve your relationship with 50 people til you're old,its commendable.

***********************************************************************************

received the offer letter from TARC. this means I'm officially a TARC student. looking forward to being a part of the college community. I hope my subjects aren't that tough. Well , I shouldn't kid myself, should I? I have a sample of the Maths A-level paper. It consists of 7 papers (i think) that u can do either in AS level, Advanced level or both. That's only Maths. I don't even want to think bout Further Math. *crosses fingers*

Haven't made up my mind to join which society. wat the heck .i've not even gone thru the orientation yet. why think bout eca?

Yet their lists of sports just make my mouth water.
Tennis (something I've always wanted to pick up)
Basketball (something I've always been fond of)
Swimming (something I've done all my life)
Badminton(something that I find relaxing)
Football (for entertainment purposes only)
Squash (er, I dont like hitting at walls =P)
Volleyball? ( well volleyball is fun, but it makes my hands swell..=.=)

the societies..not so..
I saw something like uniform bodies..and I'm not a fan of uniform bodies. joined st john ambulance in junior..never joined another uniform body since..
Chinese society? not my cup of tea?
photography?? =.=
music? (maybe,worth a try)
why no dance club???(not sure bout that,maybe their website isn't completely up-to-date)
Christian?(sorry i'm not one)

gonna stop working end of this month. course commences on 11 May. the 9 days before my course starts( assume that 10 May i'm resting at home...anticipating the big day..=D), I'm gonna go on a shopping spree! yay!

No comments: