Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Settled.

finally. i'm done with college dilemmas. now i will just wait for patiently for the term to start. =)

went to tarc open day today...as usual...we reached there like at the eleventh hour..the open day ends at 4..reached there at about 3...==

my parents used to stay in setapak...along with me..in a baby cot..lol. (not my parents sleeping with me in a baby cot!) =D but I don't have any recollections whatsoever about my brief stay there after my existence in this world...lol

i think i only remember the bicycle part..and the telephone part..but that may be due to the fact i flipped through my childhood photo album and saw a once-cute kid (now NOT cute anymore) sitting happily on a bicycle...or a chubby cute little baby grasping the telephone (without someone on the other end of cos).

enough bout childhood memories..this is the present ME now. going to college soon. facing adolescent problems. (well...some of them are kinda over..after all i'm no more a high school gal,aint I?)

anyway back to tarc, reached there, drove to the sports complex where the open day is held..i must say i was impressed by their facilities..olympic-size swimming pool, basketball courts,gymnasium, squash courts,tennis courts,badminton,etc etc. I mean. for such an affordable fee, we tarcians (assuming im one =P) get to enjoy these amenities...great!

the campus is like super-huge! O.o i'll probably slim down few months after studying there..the distance from the entrance(the guard house) to the sport complex is like.....erm...half an hour walking distance...gosh! (and I cant drive yet! *waaaaaaaaa~*)

still debating with my parents about whether to stay there (in the hostel), rent a room outside or drive to coll everyday. (which will take a toll on me, since there are always jams-kl mah, and i've to wake up early in the morning,maybe even before the roosters crow...lol)

anyway , i registered(kinda last min, again) (must change this mentality, note to self) for GCE A-levels Science. and i finally decided on which combination to take. it was UNBELIEVABLE(to my friends and to myself too) that I chose this combination:

General Paper
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Economics

General paper is a MUST. furthermore, i've a feeling that its not something dull like p.moral. (memorising , and the kita mesti-lahs). coincidentally, my counsellor was the gp teacher, and she described the subject module to me. sounds interesting and flexible.apparently english is very important and takes up a huge chunk of the marks. This subject is about how well u know your country, the current issues and affairs and a lil' bit of world issues.

maths...is also a MUST . a pre-requisite for economics degree. (according to London School of Economics la..gosh such a prestigious school..i hope I can count myself as one of their students! fingers crossed). i've no problems with maths.so okay lah.

further math. is like when add math meets its add math. further math=add math + add math (my equation) but NO. i met the further math lecturer and he commented that further math is totally different from add math. just like SPM level add maths and PMR maths...an Earth's diameter difference..

and accordin to the LSE website..taking further maths will be a great advantage...so, further maths it is...

physics..well all i can say is ...its just an excess baggage. i have already proclaimed a state of non-interest towards a career in physics..be it engineering..or whatever..but just take la..since it comes with the combination..

economics..is not a MUST in order to qualify for an econ degree.. but its better that u have the basics rite? i dont want to go into the course looking like a trapped cat or something..

just have to pay a few hundred bucks for the miscellaneous fee..tarc are a generous bunch of people..they will automatically award full tuition fee waiver to those who scored 9A's and above in their SPM..u dont even have to beg..they will come knockin on your door..of cos u have to register 1st..and that's what I did yesterday.

course starts at 11th of May 2009. I'm kinda outdated. All my friends are currently studying, or gonna enter the march intake soon. except for a few..macam berada di atas pulau sendiri saja *sigh*

1 comment:

tarc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.