Saturday, July 11, 2009

OMG! Never delay 6 posts!!!! @@

Lets see. What should I start of with? I should probably do the bit on Rose's birthday 1st. Chronological order. *cu'mon impose myself with calm 1st before I proceed* Gosh, this has taught me never to abandon my blog for too long! Or risk updating 6 events at ONCE!

28 June 2009

Rose asked us out to Mid Valley (my usual hang-out spot) to celebrate her birthday earlier as her real birthday falls on a Wednesday. We had decided on Tai Thong earlier because Rose told us that the dim sum buffet there was quite cheap, 22 bucks ++. guess what? The actual amount came up to about 39 after all the whatever taxes and service charge. whew. *shudder* since most of us are broke, (did I mention July is the ultimate birth month of like, practically everybody?), we opted for a cheaper option without compromising the status. Haha. And then we spotted Chilli's and voila!

Min Yee & Rose
Sarah, Rose's friend. Met her at Rose's CNY open house.
The Beruang.
Threesome-Min Yee, Rose & Sarah
another trio: Steph, Yours truly & Michelle
*did i mention michelle's getting prettier by day? she even used eye shadow!*

group photo after meal. i guess I did not take pics of the food. but. somehow,i feel Chilli's overrated. fish n chips? hell common. Maybe only the nachos. Hmm,but still I havent tasted a nacho in my life(how ignorant I am in the foodie world), so I don't know what defines a good nacho. But the sour cream that comes accompanying it? So NOT! maybe i'm not into sour cream. I still prefer fattening icing cream.
my nose looks weird
some Barbie dolls adorned with diamonds in a jewellery exhibition
as usual, we always stop for ice-cream when our legs would not permit us to continue walking. so we sat ourselves down at gelatomio and began picking our flavours like an eager kid at a candy store.


by the way, if u notice someone unfamiliar in this picture, thats Joshua, rose's friend.

After leaving Mid Valley (rose texted us that she couldn't have dinner with us), we fetched Min Yee back as she has to do her assignment. Poor girl. xD . After fetching us back, we decided to hang out at Steph's house considering the time was too early to fill our stomachs with food. Watched Confession of A Shopaholic. I frowned at the movie's plot because as I can recall, many "characters" in the movie were imaginary or..should we say, existent in the director's mind. LOL. dont like the plot being too far away from the book. see,there's always this ongoing debate between the loyal readers of the book and the people behind the production of the movie. Most of the movie plots at least stay true to the book's plot, but this one deviates alot. Sheesh. And Luke turns out to be some clever-talking, I-believe-in-Rebecca-Bloomwood, shaggy , smart high post guy. I mean, he's not even close to cute. And all the while I was daydreaming(while reading the book,obviously) about the suave looking corporate leader with that irresistible smile. Ick. a No-no for people who have read the Shopaholic series.

Movie done with. Let's eat something then. Guess what? we decided beforehand to go to Fun OK cafe in Connaught. and then I don't know, suddenly we drove out and everywhere's dark. We let out a huge sigh and said in unison, blackout. Luckily soon after we said that, the lights began to pop out one by one. Yay!
i like the way they personalise things here. the menu has cute dainty pink flowers.luurves!
post-its . haha. nice concept. reaching out to the young people
Penguin fridge! *cute-nya*

eek. not dead mice. er. soft toy mice. deco beneath the table
ambience. comfortable & personalised
i wonder who drew that? i can draw better! *doodles a stickman*
again..IGNORE MY NOSE!



steph's cream sauce spaghetti, it was pretty hilarious when she ordered the spaghetti, she requested for don't know what sauce..mushroom is it? actually ,the mushroom sauce was meant for the western food. dumb. already named cream sauce spaghetti. ahaha.
chicken or fish fingers? forgot. makes a good snack. not healthy thou.
Mine- mushroom chicken rice. nice & affordable. RM 7.90
Von's Butter Chicken rice. she complained that I was given a bigger portion. LOL

Reached home at about 9.30. My mum remarked, quite sarcastically, that I had gone out for 12 hours. 9 am to 9 pm. Ehe. Sorry mum .got too carried away.


29 June 2009

Classes ended early than usual as the GP teacher was not free on that day. Thus we SN10rians took the "glorious" opportunity to have some 'bonding' session. Sing k! At neway times square. but,before that,we need lunch for some energy to sing.

Bar B Q Plaza
Let me introduce the Perasan-ists to u: jeff and James
Ting Ting, always with the cute expression.
Chuan and Ting





this time, ignore my sleepy eyes! i had not slept well for DAYS!
btw, thats Hui Ying.
I had half a thought to paste a smiley face over my sleepy face. With jeff.
Hoong Shern, the new guy who's so pro in Maths.

Penny, SHE fan.
her trademark pose. LMAO
dai bi Aaron and Me. zzzz
Zhi Hui.
Su Hui

5 July 2009

TT Night, College Hall, TARC.

as freshmen we were given the privilege to redeem the tickets for free as long as we have enough stamps. Or u can even redeem with your student ID. TT Night is part of a long tradition in TARC,that is the orientation programme laid out for the students by various societies,such as the SWC(Student Welfare Committee) of the five schools in TARC. The other famous twin of TT nite is OO nite. We freshies can either redeem a ticket each for TT nite or OO nite. TT nite then as its not everyday u can see talented people perform for free! who knows some of these talented people might go on to become singers or somebody hotshot, then we can still proclaim that we were one of the 1st to have the honour to see them for FOC! haha





very FAKE smile. haha. nah trying to do a darlie commercial? more nahs. i seldom take photos with my teeth being revealed.


dress code of the day: formal. that explains the black pantyhose. Perfect contrast,acts as a "divider" between my white dress and white heels. thats ting btw.
Aaron. He looked like a MB that day. LMAO
Picture of the DAY! Jeff memper-siasui-kan my bag.
With Jeff. looks like a *eherm* Hotel F&B manager. xD
james,wth are u wearing? u know very well its strictly formal, and mind you, they were very strict. He was denied access. poor guy.

trying to model my bag, unsuccessfully. give me back that role lah. haha xD
Jeff:what bag is this? so expensive! *wrinkles appear* Aaron:don't know, I'm just a mannequin.
Showtime. The opening was done by the ever-impressive percussion team. Is it percussion? is it is it. hope i didn't get the term wrong.
Hakka dance? thats what my friend told me. some Kiwis dance
The theme of the night was Maximerz-which the emcee told us meant Circus.well no wonder everybody was dressed like that. there were clowns too. wearing suspenders! aha!

1st act under Group Singing Category.
2nd or 3rd. not sure.stage's too far. no point taking too many photos.gah

All-girl group.
Under the instrumental category: them guitarists with their electronic guitars!

but, I like this one the most. not because two of my classmates, Marilyn & Seng Ju were in, but because of their choice of music. Easy on the ears yet catchy. Nostalgic.
haha colourful afro. only on stage. marilyn doing the clapping thing! she can clap really loud o.O
Some band called Rosevelt performing. Local band.
Ahh. let me introduce. Our TT Nite winner. carmen.
shaking her booty.

This was another worthy winner. Joseph.
Unique dance,a breath of fresh air from all that hip hop, bboy
flash of yellow
one of the judges is a singer, and so she was invited to perform on stage. good vocals
The talented people saluting the crowd



grand finale
Outside the college hall: Wilfred, Yih Neng, Jun Da, Jeff & James
enough of my bag already!

SN10rians.
with Marilyn, who was part of the winning group that clinched the Instrumental Category prize.
with Seng Ju. (the one holding the violin)
Just posing because I know, I will never ever play a violin.
Everybody wants a piece of his violin, LOL



that expression -.- *takutnya*
reached home quite late that night as the event ended at 10. Then we took photos and stuff,reached home at about 11 something. The birthday wishes began streaming in. =D

*more posts on my birthday celebrations to come soon..

No comments: